Follow the instructions carefully.
sudo port install mysql4
Then to install PHP5 with Apache2 and MySQL4 support:
sudo port install php5 +macosx +mysql4 +apache2
Install the latest postgresql:
sudo port install postgres82
cd ~ initdb -D pgdata pg_ctl -D pgdata -l pgdata/psql.log start createdb askeet psql askeet
Install php5 with postgresql support:
sudo port install php5 +postgresql
If it complains about multiple versions of php5, deactivate the old version:
sudo port deactivate php5 @..someversion..
Then try to install again.
Here we have the whole application compiled, now we do some setup:
- Apache2 :
- You can add the apache2 support programs to your $PATH, just add /opt/local/apache2/bin" to the '~/'.profile file that is created when you setup DarwinPorts?
- In /opt/local/apache2/conf rename the httpd.conf.sample to httpd.conf and change the conf you want
- PHP5 :
- Go into /opt/local/apache2/modules and type /opt/local/apache2/bin/apxs -a -e -n "php5" libphp5.so
- Then it looks like a little bug hit darwinport, so to activate PHP5 in apache2, edit /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf and add this
# php5 settings Include conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf
- Rename either /opt/local/etc/php.ini-dist or /opt/local/etc/php.ini-recommended to /opt/local/etc/php.ini
- Currently PEAR is no longer included with PHP5 in DarwinPorts?. So we use PEAR from OS X itself. So we need to enable that in php.ini. Search for include_path and edit the line so it reads as follows:
; UNIX: "/path1:/path2" ;include_path = ".:/php/includes include_path = ".:/php/includes:bin/lib:/opt/local/lib/php:/usr/lib/php/"
- To really use PEAR with PHP5 from DarwinPorts? you will need to add the following to your .profile:
- Change ownership:
chown -R mysql:mysql /opt/local/var/db chown -R mysql:mysql /opt/local/var/run/mysqld chown -R mysql:mysql /opt/local/var/log/mysql
- Create the default database:
sudo -u /opt/local/bin/mysql_install_db --user=mysql
- Change ownership:
Et voila! It's done. Now you can run as root :
You can change /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-vhost.conf to add your symfony virtual host:
<Directory "/opt/local/lib/php/data/symfony/web/sf"> AllowOverride All Allow from All </Directory> <VirtualHost askeet:*> ServerName askeet DocumentRoot "/symfony/askeet/web" DirectoryIndex index.php Alias /sf /opt/local/lib/php/data/symfony/web/sf <Directory "/symfony/askeet/web"> AllowOverride All Allow from All </Directory> </VirtualHost>
Don't forget to change your /etc/hosts as well: