Coding symfony with Vim
This page is devoted to resources for those choosing to code symfony projects with Vim.
Useful plugins for Vim:
- symfony IDE : an IDE for Symfony PHP Framework
- snippetsEmu : An attempt to emulate TextMate's snippet expansion *
- closetag.vim : Functions and mappings to close open HTML/XML tags
- vtreeexplorer : tree based file explorer - the original
- SuperTab : allows word completion by pressing <Tab> (similar to TextMate functionality)
- project : file explorer and project manager
* You might have to add the following two lines to your .vimrc file for this to work:
filetype on filetype plugin on
Useful additions to your .vimrc file:
Convert Tabs to Spaces
In adherence with the symfony standard of 2 spaces per tab:
Placing the following in your .vimrc will replace tabs with 2 spaces when tab key is pressed, when indenting, and auto-indenting. this can be very useful while working with Python code for example, as it stops tabs from sneaking into files.
set et set sw=2 set sts=2 set smarttab
PHP code folding
let php_folding = 1
Code folding commands
- zo: open fold (if cursor is on the fold line)
- zc: close the closest fold
- zR: open all folds
- zM: close all folds
- zj: move to start of next fold
- zk: move to end of previous fold
Set line numbers on
Useful for finding the source of those errors -- what errors?! ;)
Automatically delete trailing DOS-returns and whitespace
Useful for automatically removing trailing whitespace.
autocmd BufRead * silent! %s/[\r \t]\+$// autocmd BufEnter *.php :%s/[ \t\r]\+$//e
Display trailing spaces, tabs and end of lines
Useful to edit Yaml files. End of lines will be displayed as a blue «$», trailing spaces as «-» and tabs as «^I».
set list set listchars=trail:-